ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – AR1 FREEZE PAD
Solicitation No. RFP-476721-0039
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP) and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the AR1 Freeze Pad project at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The scope of work will include, but is not limited to, providing all services, manpower, material, and equipment to complete the following:
- Construct or upgrade existing roads to access the work sites, pads for laydown of equipment and materials, office trailer(s), and installation of office trailer/wash car infrastructure as required
- Supply electrical power, potable water, and construction water and other utilities or services as required
- Clearing of trees, vegetation, and grubbing of stumps and roots followed by excavation of contaminated soils from the footprint of the AR1 Freeze Pad. This includes loading, hauling, and transportation of cleared/grubbed material and contaminated soils to MCM approved locations on site.
- Coordinate with MCM’s Testing subcontractor for screening soils for contamination levels and confirmation testing to verify all contaminated material was removed
- Rock excavation, utilizing drill and blast methods, to provide a flat subsurface for the future installation and maintenance of the freeze pipes. Special care might be required due to close proximity of Baker Creek. Rock excavation for drainage features will also be required.
- Install and remove temporary barriers in Baker Creek to block access to fish during the time when blasting activities are taking place
- Load, haul, and stockpile the waste rock at the MCM approved locations on site for future processing by others
- Supply of geophones for the underground areas which will be installed by MCM
- Collection and containment of drainage (contact) water for sampling and analyses and transport for disposal in the MCM approved location (sampling and analyses will be done by other subcontractors)
- Using granular material furnished by MCM, construct a working pad to the grades and limits as shown on the design drawings. The working pad will be composed of surface course of 20 mm minus granular material and the upper level also includes a thermal layer composed of washed 63 mm minus material. The thicknesses are defined in the design drawings.
- Supply and placement of geotextile as specified in the design drawings
- Supply, install, and test ground support rock anchors for the high wall between upper and lower pads of AR1
- Supply and install pipe culvert, riprap, and backfill as per drawing
- Provide and install precast concrete Jersey barriers as shown on the drawings
- Construct permanent drainage features as shown on the drawing
- All other work that may be required as part of the design drawings and technical specifications
- Final cleanup of site in preparation for demobilization
Work is anticipated to start in July 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!