ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – BEAR MONITOR
Solicitation No. RFQ-476721-0059
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Quotation for a Bear Monitor at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. A bear monitor is required during normal working hours of 07:00 to 15:00, to ensure the safety and protection of field workers from the risk of bear encounters at the Giant Mine site. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provide bear monitoring personnel to perform bear watch and escort duties for other subcontractors’ field workers performing care and maintenance activities at the site
- Closely follow bear hazard assessments and act appropriately in high stress situations
- Share knowledge with field workers on how to behave and react in bear-human situations/conflict situations using non-lethal bear management techniques
- When not actively involved with bear watch activities for field workers, the bear monitor will monitor for signs of other wildlife on site including beavers, coyotes, wolverines, and wolves and report activities to the MCM
- Share traditional knowledge with workers at the site in order to understand the basics of bear deterrence
Work is anticipated to start on April 1, 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. As such, the MCM will utilize an invitation list to determine who will receive the RFQ within the area of the contract. Please contact the MCM at Fernando.Valencia@parsons.com or 403.294.4208 no later than February 12, 2021 to add your company name to the list.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!