ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – EARLY WORKS BACKFILL
Solicitation No. RFP-476721-0049
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Early Works Backfill at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Work will consist of the supply of all labour, equipment, and materials to generate paste backfill and place it in designated underground areas. The following items will be required to support the work.
- Development and execution of a Construction Execution Plan for completion of the work
- Development of a Backfill Method Plan, Stope Complex Work Plans, and Drilling Plan
- Development and execution of a Subcontractor Safety, Health, and Environmental Plan for the activities associated with the work
- Development and execution of an Environmental Protection Plan
- Development of a Traffic Control Plan for traffic control measures within the construction work area
- Implementation of traffic control methods in compliance with a Traffic Management Plan for the protection of public roads, mine site roads, and air traffic, as required
- Establishment of temporary construction facilities including, but not limit to, Subcontractor’s office space, storage facilities, sanitary facilities, temporary power, wastewater collection, and temporary enclosures required to carry out the work
Work is anticipated to start in July 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!