ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE LANDFILL
Solicitation No. RFP-476721-0037
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Non-Hazardous Waste Landfill (NHWL) at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Work will consist of Construction of the NHWL – Phase 1. The scope of work will include, but is not limited to, providing all services manpower, material, and equipment to complete the following:
- Construct or upgrade existing roads to access the work sites, pads for laydown of equipment and materials, office trailer(s), and mini-dry and installation of office trailer and mine-dry infrastructure as required
- Supply electrical power, potable water, and construction water, and other utilities or services as required
- Dewatering: Installation of a drainage system to pre-drain area to be excavated. Collection and containment of drainage (contact) water for sampling and analyses and transport for disposal in the underground mine pool. (Sampling and analyses will be done by other subcontractors.)
- Grubbing of stumps and roots followed by excavation of contaminated soils from the footprint of the NHWL. This includes loading, hauling, and transportation of grubbed material and contaminated soils to MCM approved locations on site.
- Excavation of remaining soils and clay to achieve required dimensions for landfill construction, subject to the results of testing (to be done by other subcontractors). This will include stockpiling these materials for future use or transport to a MCM approved location for disposal. It may be necessary to blast minor bedrock outcrops to achieve final landfill dimensions.
- Preparation of the Calcine Pond site for recovery of fine-grained borrow material. This will include sediment and erosion control, access road construction, stripping and transport of overburden and organic material to a MCM approved location, and loading and hauling of fine-grained borrow material to the NHWL site for construction of berms.
- Construction of berms for the NHWL and Stormwater Pond 1
- Supply and installation of drainage collection pipes as per NHWL design
- Placing and grading of granular fill to prepare the landfill base as per design specifications
- Supply and installation of bituminous geomembrane liner as per design specifications
- Supply and installation of geosynthetic clay liner as per design specifications
- All other work that may be required as part of the design drawings and technical specifications
- Final cleanup of site in preparation for demobilization
Work is anticipated to start in April 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!