NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – EFFLUENT TREATMENT PLANT
Solicitation No. 476721-0052
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Operation and Maintenance of an Effluent Treatment Plant at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Seasonal operation and maintenance of the Effluent Treatment Plant and associated infrastructure as per the Standard Operating Procedures and in compliance with the Northwest Territories Mine Health and Safety Act, applicable regulations, and other requirements of Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Maintenance of prescribed water levels in the Polishing and Settling Ponds
- Work in cooperation with the Surface Care and Maintenance subcontractor to maintain the prescribed water levels in the Northwest Pond Tailings Containment Area and the North Pond
- Work in cooperation with the Underground Care and Maintenance subcontractor to maintain the levels of the underground mine water within operational levels
- Maximize the efficiency of the effluent treatment process to achieve targeted levels of contaminants, volume throughput, and pond elevations at the end of the treatment season
Work is anticipated to start in May 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please go to https://www.merx.com/solicitations/open-bids/Effluent-Treatment-Plant/00... to view/download the complete solicitation package.