Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a open, fair and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous and local northern opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!
How can we assist you?
Contractors retained by the MCM
Frequently asked Questions
- When will jobs be available at Giant Mine?
- Opportunities at Giant Mine will begin in the late spring or early summer of 2018
- Do I need previous mine experience to work at Giant Mine?
- Many of the opportunities at Giant Mine do not require any previous mining experience, however, depending on the opportunity previous or relevant experience or training may be required beforehand.
- How do I get training for work at Giant Mine?
- Please visit our Training and Assistance page for information specific to eligible Indigenous personnel in the Yellowknife area.
- Is work at Giant Mine dangerous?
- Safety is the most important job at Giant Mine, and it is everyone’s responsibility. Before any company, or individual, begins work at Giant Mine, they must successfully complete strict training, and adhere to strong regulations regarding the safety of all personnel, and the environment. Nonetheless, all activities at work or at home, have some element of risk to them, so it is our collective responsibility to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable work environment, and goes home safely each day.
- How much money will I make at Giant Mine?
- The compensation for work performed at Giant Mine varies depending on the task performed, skill level, experience, and other factors. Each Contractor at Giant Mine will have their own pay structures and positions depending on the work they are doing.
Training and Assistance
- Parsons Student Sponsorship Opportunity
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC)
- Government of Northwest Territories (GNWT)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (Can-Nor)
- Mine Training Society
- Det'on Cho Corporation
- Denesoline Ryfan
- Scarlet Security Services (Scarlet Group of Companies)
- Nuna Logistics
- Advanced Medical Solutions
- Pure Elements Environmental Solutions
- ALS Global
- Nahanni Construction
- Taiga Environmental Laboratory
- Global Storm IT